Sunday, April 21, 2019

Moce Moto Bitu, Yadra Ma'e na Ma'e

Well of course right when I leave Naitasiri there's crazy flooding there. That's just unlucky for me I guess. But yeah it's been really rainy in pretty much all of Fiji. I've been transferred to the RakiRaki area. Rak City as they call it. It's in the western part of Fiji and it's pretty hot out here. That's okay though I've always preferred the heat over the cold anyways.

My new companion is Elda Pakofe. He's from Kearns Utah but was born in Tonga. He's only been in Fiji for about 3 months now. He's a great guy.

The area is beautiful. Right next to the beaches and there are lots of resorts here. The work is pretty good here as well so let's go get it done! There's a branch here and it's the only one in the west but the Stake President has been working with us to turn it into a ward! The members here are great!

But It's also a pretty city area here. We live in town and it's weird being able to buy whatever we need whenever we want. We sit on couches here and speak in English if we want to but I try not to. We have a few Indian people who we are working with so lots of changes! They also eat with forks and stuff here so first time they put that in front of me my hands were shaking because i'm not used to it... It's much easier for me to eat a fish with my hands than with a fork. Still in a driving area though.

The dialect here is pretty fun. It's pretty much if a Utahn spoke fijian and then change it a little more. They drop all the t's and the K's are like an "H" noise sorta. This is where the language really starts to get interesting. I see the occasional person from Naitasiri here though so I still get to break out that Vosa VakaNaitasiri. They also say the Fijian equivalent of "Good Morning" all day long here which threw me off at first. It was like 8:00 P.M. and some guy told me good morning. Just the weird Regional stuff. Well enjoy the long email.

Kalouga'a 'iko



Naitasiri boys at Savutoa


Savutoa


When your companion isn't afraid to drop $35 on a resort Pizza...


Got to see Brother Eroni at the bus stand when I was just about to leave Suva! It was awesome to see him because I didn't really get to say goodbye to him. I was throwing my suitcases in and he just ran over and gave me a hug. 


One more of the Waitaqolo Gang



2 comments:

  1. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete

Moce Viti

Well it happened very quickly, but most of the missionaries in Fiji have returned home. On March 24th, at district council President Higgins...