Sunday, November 4, 2018

Bula Vinaka Kemudou Kece!

Man oh man it has been great in Fiji. So much to talk about and so little time. We only have an hour to email here so sorry for the really short responses. The travel was long and hard. I was exhausted pretty much everywhere but you know that didn't stop me from perusing the Gucci store in LAX #stayflexing #hype. On our first day here we went to the mission home and met a lot of people then we went out with elders to give out na iVola i Momani. I went to Suva with Elda Dial! It was awesome seeing him and catching up with him.

The next day we had a great breakfast and had a lot of fun opening our first area letters. My first area is the Naitasiri 1st area! My Comp is Elda Jonathan from Vanuatu! And guess who I am staying with in the flat?? Elda Burge!!

We don't have a truck yet and our area is in the middle of the mountains. So for the first few days we couldn't go far but we walked a lot and still found people to teach. Everyone is soooo nice here and it is always great to hear a hearty, "BULA ELDAS!"

My Fijian is coming. We had stake conference and hearing all the adults talk was crazy fast. I like talking to kids way more. There were a ton of times though when I would be walking and a Marama would walk up to me and say something and I had no clue what she said so I'd just do the classic Polynesian raise the eyebrows for yes and hope it worked. There were times I'm sure I looked like the white man blinking gif. I had lots of chances to talk to kids though and that is always fun. They say you have to make 1,000,000 mistakes to learn a language and I think I'm about 3/4 there.

For every meal at home we eat rice and chow with corned beef or tuna. Every time I get food my comp tells me it's, "Not enough." and to get more something haha. Just training me for the members I guess. Everyone always offers you food or something to drink and it's funny seeing all the things that our MTC teachers would tell us about.

Mom: Sorry I am about to run out of time. Sorry I had more pics but I got kicked off and had to end early. Love ya



No comments:

Post a Comment

Moce Viti

Well it happened very quickly, but most of the missionaries in Fiji have returned home. On March 24th, at district council President Higgins...