Friday, August 24, 2018

MTC--Week 3!

Yadra Na Matuvuvale!!

It was a great week! A lot of awesome stuff happened! to start off I guess one of the coolest things was that we had an apostle for this week's devotional. When I showed up for choir and saw all of the teleprompters I knew that someone important was coming and then they announced it would be D. Todd Christofferson. He gave an awesome talk regarding the name of the Lord's church. It was really insightful and while I know some elders didn't care too much for it because it wasn't what they were expecting it definitely needed to be said.

Fijian is coming... We have the wonderful amazing opportunity to give our first TRC today which is super awesome. Pretty much all it entails is we have to give a 15-20 minute lesson all in Fijian. I've heard from everyone that the first one is a train-wreck and I'm sure Andrew can attest to that. It will be good though.

Every day we get to exercise and we have the choice of going outside to play soccer or some other sports if we want. The other day I went out with some of the other kids from my zone and we all played soccer which was fun! On the way back we were crossing the crosswalk and when we got across we had to wait for some kids that got stuck on the other side. Two dudes in this big red truck started to gun it when the light turned green and the passenger gave us all the bird and started yelling at us. It was awesome to see all of us missionaries give him a smile and I gave him a loving thumbs up. That just reminds me about D&C 6:34. All of Earth and Hell are going to combine against the church in the last days but we have the lord on our side so we don't need to worry.

I also heard that school is starting back up at home so I said a silent prayer of gratitude when I remembered I didn't have to go back to Bingham anytime soon *Dab* But good luck to everyone and make sure that Mr. Boberg gets the proper treatment he deserves.

We have a lot of fun as Fijian districts. The other day Elder Andreason caught a cicada and put it in our bathroom; even though it says in the white handbook no pets of any kind lol. You can understand a little bit of our boredom level as the most interesting thing at the time was watching it defecate on our mirror. We left for 5 minutes and came back and some dunce ripped all his legs off and left him alive so we had to put him out of his misery. Looking at it now I'm not entirely sure why I put that story in here but I'm just going to keep it for kicks.

Thanks for the support everyone!!

Au lomani keitou!

Elder Gwilliam



Elder D'Arc looking studious


Elder Dial stretching bc he struggles with sitting cross-legged haha



Elder Edwards overcome by the spirit in class


"Hark All Ye Nations"


A super flattering picture taken of me without my consent

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete

Moce Viti

Well it happened very quickly, but most of the missionaries in Fiji have returned home. On March 24th, at district council President Higgins...