Friday, August 10, 2018

Week 1 in the MTC--First P-Day!

Hello Everyone,

Luckily we got a P-Day pretty close to when we arrived so that is really nice! So obviously I will be sending all of my emails on Fridays. There is lots to do here and it can be pretty tiring at some points. We haven't had any gym time so far and all this energy is dying to get out. Thank goodness after today we will get an hour to exercise every day. My companion is Elder Burge who also went to Bingham! Elder Dial is in my district and he went to Bingham also so the Miners represent in District F. We have a lot of time to study and it is pretty awesome! Also shout out to the inversion for making it feel like I am at scout camp smelling campfire every time I leave a building. SUPER excited to live here in college.

My Fijian teacher situation is a little bit weird. Right now we are being taught by Brother Brower. He went to Fiji in 2013 and I got to watch some of his videos on lifey.com so I thought that was funny. Our real teacher was on vacation and seems to be gone a lot so the 2 Fijian districts combine into one with the Brow. He is a really good teacher though! I've only had class twice but we can say a few things. I am currently learning how to say a simple prayer in Fijian. The alphabet is pronounced a little differently so that took a minute to get used to. For example, the c makes a "TH" sound. So saying goodbye (Moce) Sounds like "Mowthay" if that makes any sense. But it is coming along well! We have class again tonight so we will see how that goes. We are supposed to be able to give a lesson tomorrow using only Fijian so that will be interesting.

I've seen a lot of people here that I know which is awesome! It's a little weird calling them Elder Whatever but I'm getting used to it. So far I've seen: Elder Thomas, Elder Davis, Elder Christensen, Elder Hilton, Elder Brown, and Elder Orton is in my zone so I get to see him a lot. Our zone has a lot of of Polynesia in it! We have Elders and Sisters going to Kiribus, Tonga, Samoa, Australia, Fiji, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Marshall Islands. There are a few Elders going to Fiji who had to stay in the MTC due to visa problems. They got their reassignments and two are headed to Long Beach and the others are going to Idaho. Seeing as how late I had to turn in my visa application I think I will be spending a transfer here stateside to start off my mission. But that's okay because I can say I got to serve in two different missions! One of the possibilities is even West Virginia so Elder Cox I'm coming for you!

Anyway, the MTC has been really awesome so far. I will admit though it is kinda hard to fall asleep sometimes. Even though we are all exhausted we are still adjusting. I've come to understand true jealousy when I hear one of my roommates start to snore. Hopefully I will be good in a few days. Also I don't really have any email addresses so if you want an email shoot me a blank one or something so it gets added to my address book!

Love you all,

Elder Gwilliam



Me and my companion Elder Burge (Sam wanted me to add that if his eyes look a little weird it's because there must be something else in the smoke there. Oh Sam. Ever the jokester. )


Note from Sarah: This one is a little better--I borrowed it from Elder Burge's email (Thanks Jen!) 



My Classroom


The view from my class.  Air quality level? Green


My room and ping-pong table


2 comments:

  1. Belief is the reason we go on a mission. It is the motive for preaching about Christ and sharing/Proclaiming his love. Faith is understanding we are children of God and our Heavenly Father. May this definition of faith bless you in your life. Faith is defined again and because faith has an inherent joy it gives us a solid foundation that we finally have the peace we have been searching for.

    "Many believer's feed themselves on what God hasn't done. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I create the atmosphere for the spirit of offense to arise and to thrive. When I dwell on what hasn't happened, I legitimize unbelief. I live with a sense of justification, for not believing God.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance. even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance

    Heaven is a place where everyone is celebrated, some are more honored but everyone is celebrated. All men and all women shall be judged on the light which they have received. Heaven is a permissible culture. God's nature is eternally permissible. These statements protect us from credit.

    Faith in the purest sense is the ceasing of resistance, even when there's no physical evidence, when the other evidence is present. Not feeding ourselves on what God hasn't done. Faith in it's purest form is the absence of resistance. Faith doesn't deny a problems existence, it denies it's influence. He or she was someone whom aridity and desolation never disturbed for he or she had a deeply rooted, and a vigorous faith.

    Now we can act as we have always dreamed. Now we can act as we have always been. Now we can step into the light and gather the sunlight instead of blocking out our possibilities. Instead of blocking out our joy. Variety will bloom in/under the sun. We can show off our best, we can enjoy other people's gifts. We can blossom where we stand upon the joy that faith provides us. Upon the joy that faith inherently has, which blossoms the entire field of flowers"

    .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYaxabUfkA - The Definition of Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete

Moce Viti

Well it happened very quickly, but most of the missionaries in Fiji have returned home. On March 24th, at district council President Higgins...