Monday, October 22, 2018

"Somehow I Manage"

Well this week was even crazier than last week.

So about 3 days after we had that cool experience with Cynthia we got a call from the 2nd counselor to the Bishop and he told us he went over to Cynthia's house and felt inspired to put her on date for that Sunday to get baptized before her Chemo. So that was a lot needless to say. She asked me to give a talk on baptism too which was surprising haha. But everything went smoothly and she was baptized yesterday!! She is going to help so many people out and I'm sure this story seems like another generic story but you have to understand Cynthia's personality and the fact that she has been seeing missionaries for 4 years. She just wasn't progressing and then bam within a week she had the chance to be baptized.

News on Adam: Adam has dropped off the face of the Earth. We have been trying to contact him for over a week ever since we had a cool experience with him but he has only responded once. We are worried about him and think that his visiting family got to him... Pretty sad stuff, but we will keep praying for him and trying to visit him.

Fiji news... I leave for Fiji a week from today!! I got a text from the mission office saying my approved work permit was there and that I was scheduled for a 3:57 departure on the 29th!! Really excited but also a little sad to leave lil' Ole Odessa. I've met a lot of cool people here so I have to make this last week count.

In other news I had a Chipotle burrito with some red chili salsa on it and I thought it was super hot but everyone said I was a whimp, then later this week I had a run in with a Thai Chili which is pretty hot. Luckily I have recovered.

One last cool story. We were on our way home from an appointment and I felt like we should go visit Albert (the guy we found street contacting that we had been trying to visit with for a week) and sure enough he was in his driveway working on his mustang. There was another guy there Jumpstarting his car right next to him. He told elder Richins that his girlfriend got mad at him and made him move out and called the police on him so he wouldnt be at that house anymore but he wanted our number so he could contact us when he found a place. He was pretty happy to see us because we probably wouldn't have been able to find him if we hadn't gone over there. While he was telling my comp all this I was next to him listening to the other guy and asking him questions. You know on the missionary grind, and elder richins basically dragged me away from the dude. I was like what the heck and then It made sense when he told me the police were on their way haha. But Albert ended up making up with his girl and he still lives there but now we have his # so that is cool.

Have an awesome week all!!

Elder McGwilliam (2-3 people have called me that here and I'm still confused at why there is a Mc on the front suddenly)




Thuggin 


Me on a bench


The second coolest church


All of the Elders currently in the MIM except one who have worked with Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete

Moce Viti

Well it happened very quickly, but most of the missionaries in Fiji have returned home. On March 24th, at district council President Higgins...