Sunday, November 18, 2018

Ika Vakalolo

Hello everyone!! It has been a good week but a slow one. The Fijian Prime Minister Elections were this week so we had some restrictions for working. Also every Friday and Saturday almost everyone in my area is in Suva to sell the stuff from their farm so we just visit members. So not much of an eventful week but I will try to make up for it by sending a ton of pictures haha.

Sireli's baptism is this week!! It is crazy awesome! In our last lesson with him his mom sat in on it and we were able to teach her. Hopefully her heart is softened and they allow us to baptize the rest of the kids! Everyone in the village they live in is family and about half are members! Just trying to help those that aren't feel the spirit.

The kids are crazy like always. Every time I open my mouth at the wrong angle they freak out because I have a retainer and some even try to touch them haha. Fijian Kids be wildin'

Have an awesome week all!
Loloma Yani

Elda Gwilliam





Me and Noqu Yaca (My namesake) Samu! He is awesome


Samu throwing up half a Hang-Loose


Eating Breadfruit with the Unit Leader's Son


Me with Make and Samu in a classic looking Fijian house in my area


Me and Elder Jonathan


Me and some kids from the village. Sireli is sitting next to me


Me grubbing on some Ika Vakalolo in our after church feast. Ika vakalolo is fish in coconut milk.


 In my search in the Topical Guide I found out the scriptures hold more wisdom than I ever could have imagned. Jokes Jokes.


The kids here have these wheels attached to sticks that they push and have so much fun. Material things don't matter here. 


Final thought from Sam: THanks again and please put a note in that I'm sorry that I was lazy and just sent a ton of pics instead of writing a longer email haha. Love ya

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Esteems,

    We are Offering best Global Financial Service rendered to the general public with maximum satisfaction,maximum risk free. Do not miss this opportunity. Join the most trusted financial institution and secure a legitimate financial empowerment to add meaning to your life/business.

    Contact Dr. James Eric Firm via
    Email: fastloanoffer34@gmail.com
    Best Regards,
    Dr. James Eric.
    Executive Investment
    Consultant./Mediator/Facilitator

    ReplyDelete

Moce Viti

Well it happened very quickly, but most of the missionaries in Fiji have returned home. On March 24th, at district council President Higgins...